bias message

Subject: Call for comments on the INCITS BIAS document

BIAS participants –

The text of the public review draft version (Rev 6) of the INCITS BIAS standard has been posted – http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24644/m1070360.pdf.  This is the final opportunity to comment on this companion document to our BIAS Messaging Protocol document.  It defines the functional requirements, biometric operations, and data elements for which we are creating Web service definitions.  As such, it is very important that we have taken the time to thoroughly review it.  It is also our responsibility as a liaison organization.

Please download the document and critically review it.  Comments are due by 10 August and can be sent to Matt Swayze (matt.swayze@daon.com) for compilation.  These comments will be discussed at the 15 August meeting.   Please use the comment template which can be downloaded from the documents folder (BIAS Comment Template.doc, posted 2006-06-08).

It is not certain exactly when the public review will officially begin, but it will be open for 45 days.  It is expected that INCITS M1 will review comments received at their Sep 24-27 meetings.  In the event that significant technical comments are received, then a 2nd public review is possible.

Thank you,

Cathy Tilton

Chair