bias message

Subject: Announcement of New Editors

BIAS TC participants -

As announced at our July TC meeting, after a several month hiatius, we are happy to welcome 2 new co-editors for the BIAS Messaging Protocol standard document - Ramesh Nagappan of Sun and Luther Hampton of IBM.  Below are brief bio's for these gentlemen.  Please join me in welcoming them.  We are all looking forward to their contributions to progressing the BIAS work.

Regards,
CT

Ramesh Nagappan
Ramesh Nagappan is a Principal Engineer at Sun Microsystems. He has extensive experience with, and remains focused on, Java distributed computing, XML Web Services and Identity Management technologies. Ramesh is the co-author of /Core Security Patterns (Prentice Hall) /and three other books on titles related to J2EE, EAI and Web services. He is a frequent speaker at industry conferences related to Security and Identity Management and also an active contributor to industry standards and open-source initiatives for Java and XML.

Luther Hampton
Mr. Hampton is a seasoned Enterprise Architect who has spent more than 25 years participating in all technical aspects of organizational transformation. He has successfully led major architectural efforts employing important Government architectural standards such as the Department of Defense Architectural Framework (DoDAF) and the Federal Enterprise Architectural Framework (FEAF) to develop Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).  In addition to his expertise in the federal sector, Mr. Hampton has also successfully led teams implementing important eBusiness and eCommerce initiatives in the pharmaceutical, banking and financial analysis areas using such technical tools as Web Services, eBusiness Extended Markup Language (ebXML) and the Rational Unified Process (RUP).  In addition to his skills at the enterprise level, Mr. Hampton is also an experienced Program Manager who has led many successful development efforts for both government and commercial clients.  He is also co-author of “The Extensible Business Reporting Language Specification, Version 2.1.” (www.xbrl.org).