bias message

Subject: Call for comments on WSDL 2.0 approach - closing 17 Sep

BIAS TC participants –

As you may know if you’ve participated in recent meetings or read the minutes, we’ve been discussing whether the BIAS Messaging Protocol should include a WSDL 2.0 specification in addition to the WSDL 1.1.  Ramesh Nagappan has drafted a brief discussion related to this topic (located in documents folder - http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24991/Adopting%20WSDL%202.pdf).

The approach we are following is to provide both specifications in our document in order to support both near term implementations, for which a profile and tools exist, as well as to provide a transition path to the fuller capabilities that WSDL 2.0 can offer for future implementations (or early adopters).

We are interested in hearing your input on this.  Please provide any information and opinions you may have regarding both the approach and the considerations for implementing it.  What are the pro’s and con’s in your view?  What points should we consider as we move forward?  How are other groups/TC’s handling this and what is their rationale?  Do you have any comments on the points made in Ramesh’s paper?

We will continue this discussion at our next scheduled TC meeting on 19 September.  Therefore, inputs are requested by Monday, 17 September.  You may post them yourself or send them to me for posting (cathy.tilton@daon.com).

We’re waiting to hear from you!

Regards,

Cathy Tilton

Chair, BIAS TC