bias message

Subject: 5th BIAS mini-meeting - THUR, 21 FEB, 3pm US eastern

BIAS participants –

The last of 5 scheduled BIAS mini-meetings is scheduled for this Thursday at 3pm US eastern time.

NOTE – WE ARE USING A DIFFERENT DIAL-IN NUMBER THIS WEEK!

Dial in information:  +1 719-234-7876

Passcode:  487520

Last week, we did not have quorum, but Ramesh, Dale, and I did talk for about 20 minutes, summarized below.

We clarified that (at least initially) we were concerned only with using BIAS over SOAP messaging.  Ramesh was concerned that if we were going to use a distributed method (e.g., rpc), we would need to maintain state.  Since we are relying on SOAP, and since the INCITS BIAS standard was written to always provide a response message (i.e., any asynchronous operations being implemented overtly), we think that the OASIS document could be a very brief explanation of carrying BIAS messages using SOAP.

Further clarification was provided for the action from the last meeting:

·        (Luther/Ramesh) Review INCITS document and describe to the TC what could be included in the OASIS document in addition to the XML Schema (i.e., value-add over INCITS document).

The INCITS XML schema defines a SOAP payload.  What data and/or rules need to go into the OAISIS document?  Examples might be:

    • put the name of the BIAS operation into the SOAP envelope
    • specify use of WS-I
    • further tailoring/profiling to assure interoperability
    • security considerations
    • examples (i.e., sample WSDL)

At this meeting, we will try to wrap-up a decision on the service/profile issue and complete the remaining issues discussion.

Regards,

CT