bioserv-comment message

Subject: Public review comments for WSBD-v1.0-csprd016.19Get Sensor Data

Comment type [editorial | technical] ? technical

Impact [major | minor] ? major

For the Get Sensor Data operation (section 6.19), the URL Template only includes the {captureId} parameter, but the URL Parameters definition includes {captureId} and {maxSize}

Additionally, section 6.19.3 indicates that this operation provides metadata, but this operation only returns the raw sensor data, not a Result structure with metadata.

What is really missing here is ability to request sensor data in an alternate format. For example: We need to be able to configure the service for Content-Type of image/x-wsq so that the download operation will return wsq encoded fingerprint data, but our browser based client also needs to be able to display the image. Since most (if not all) browsers do not support wsq, we need the ability to download the same sensor data in a browser friendly format like image/png. It would be possible to have the client include an accepts header specifying the desired format, unfortunately, html does not allow you to add headers to img src attributes. Adding a URL parameter for the content type would be an ideal solution for this.

---