bioserv message

Subject: I have encountered a problem with your Committee Specs that I will have to fix

Members of the Bioserv TC,

My apologies to you all. In publishing BIAS SOAP Profile v2.0 and WS-Biometric Devices v1.0 as Committee Specifications, I discovered that I made a fatal error in the original Special Majority Votes and so I must run the ballots.

In a nutshell, I did not see that you amended CSPRD01 in response to comments received and that you requested the Special Majority Vote to approve the amended working draft. If you look at the ballots:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/bioserv/ballot.php?id=3084

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/bioserv/ballot.php?id=3085

You will see that I ran them to approve the published CSPRD01s, not your amended working draft.

Obviously that wasn't your intention. To fix this:

- I will withdraw the two tickets to publish the CSs - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-2610 and https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-2611

- I will rerun the CS approval ballots following the vote with non-material changes format.

- Following the approval of those ballots, I will open new tickets and publish the correct content as your Committee Specifications.

My apologies for this inconvenience. If you have any questions, by all means please ask.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393