blue-ms message

Subject: Extended Deadline for ASHRAE Facility Smart Grid Information Standard- Now August 3 - SGIP PAP 17 Startup

I'm sending this to the smartgid-interest and BLUE member section list at OASIS because of broad interest on usage and other facility information.

There's been quite a bit of interest in this work, and ASHRAE has extended the deadline to August 3. This is the core of new NIST/SGIP Priority Action Plan 17 (see links below).

Membership is not required and there are no fees to join the committee.

Since I'm not an ASHRAE member I'm sharing some of the glitches I worked through to complete my application (below Steve Bushby's announcement email below - questions to him).

ASHRAE has extended the deadline until August 3 for interested parties to apply for membership on Standard Project Committee 201P, Facility Smart Grid Information. This extension is in response to a number of last minute questions and some apparent confusion about the scope of the proposed standard and the application process. This standard will define an information model to enable control systems and end use devices found in commercial and institutional buildings, industrial facilities, and single- and multi-family homes to interact with a future Smart Grid.

ASHRAE membership is not a requirement and there are no application fees. The application process is used to ensure that the voting membership of the committee meets ANSI requirements for a balanced representation of interests. ASHRAE encourages all interested parties including energy service providers, and users and manufacturers of building and industrial control systems, residential appliances, and consumer electronics to submit an application following the instructions attached to this message.

=================================
Steven T. Bushby
Leader, Mechanical Systems and Controls Group
Building and Fire Research Laboratory
Gaithersburg, MD  20899-8631  USA

tel:  (301) 975 5873
fax: (301) 975-8973
e-mail: steven.bushby@nist.gov

Steps to sign up and tips for those who haven't done this:
  • Read the forms (attached) and fill them out.
  • Create a login (if you don't have one) at http://www.ashrae.org by clicking below the Signin Block on "Need a login?"
  • To use some features of the ASHRAE site you must enable popups and Javascript
  • Click on "Update Your Bio" -- Bio info MUST be up to date for your application to be accepted.
  • On  your "Update Your Bio" page there's a set of links above your name. if you're a new web site member, you'll fill in your name, and they'll send you a link with your id.
  • Go through ALL of the items about your name block and fill them in. Demographics, Contact Info, Membership, Edu. Pro Reg, Honors and Awards, Participation, Other. These will be used to build  your bio for the application.
  • Click on "print my profile" to see what's actually saved and in there.
  • Take the forms (attached) and fill them out.
    • Application Form. To put in check boxes, double click in Word and select "marked". (ATTACHED)
    • Potential Sources of Bias/Conflictof Interest Form at http://www.ashrae.org/technology/page/97 (ATTACHED)
  • You MUST SEND A SCAN of the SIGNED forms, or FAX  them to the place identified on the forms.
  • Remember that the deadline is August 3 for getting your forms in.

Key Links:

--
William Cox
Email: wtcox@CoxSoftwareArchitects.com

20100706_BiasConflictofInterest072010.doc

Standards Action SPC 201P.pdf

Membership Application Procedures for Standard & Guideline Project Committees.doc