blue-ms message

Subject: Geothermal data standards: potential project

Carol pointed out our newly opened informal discussion on Geothermal
Energy Resource Standards, which we are trying out in a new forum, our
Linked-In web group:  http://linkd.in/OASIS-geothermal

License issues should not impair our use of social-media portals to
chat informally about proposed projects:  all such pre-TC discussions
at OASIS are carried out in publicly-visible forums, on a
no-commitments basis (that is, it;s a public chat with no license
terms or requirements to chime in).  In this case, as often occurs, a
couple of experts suggested a possible open standards project which
might benefit from some more input, refinement and third-party
assessment before launch.

I am en route to the US NIST/SGIP meetings in Nashville this week, and
look forward to seeing some of you there.  The work of our three
smartgrid-facing TCs is actively being incorporated and assessed at
this meeting.   We'll also be consulting in Nashville with Blue Member
Section steering committee members and others, on future work for the
section and other OASIS TCs.

Cordially, Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ General Counsel, OASIS