bpel4people-chair message

Subject: BPEL4People Status Update

Hi everyone,

Our PRD 3 ended yesterday with no comments received, see http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/bpel4people-comment/

Our next TC meeting is scheduled for 6/9. Assuming Luc and I can work through the logistical details with Mary in time, I would propose the main agenda item on 6/9 be to approve our work as a Committee Standard. A CS vote must actually be conducted by TC Admin - I don't know if this means Mary attends the TC or conducts the vote via some other electronic mechanism, but we'll find out.

CS details are at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#committeeSpec

The following discussion will then be on what timeline would the TC like to submit our CS to the OASIS membership for OS (OASIS Standard) approval. I suggest that we have the initial discussion on 6/9 and then (depending on the discussion) schedule a vote on 6/19.

OS details are at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#OASISstandard

An important part of the OS package is three "Statements of Use" of the CS. We are fortunate in that our committee includes not only the major industry runtime vendors but also one vendor who already has a commercial implementation of prior drafts of the specification..

See http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#definitions clause (ai) for the definition of statements of use.

Stayed tuned ... as Mary provides guidance Luc and I will be in touch with the TC.

Regards, Dave Ings,
Emerging Software Standards
Email: ings@ca.ibm.com
Yahoo Messenger: dave_ings