bpel4people-comment message

Subject: Voting example

Hi

Please disregard my comment on the Voting example, that it may not be
done with BPEL4People. I haven't seen the full example attached at the
end of the document, which explains it better. <forEach counter="i"
parallel="yes"> does it.

I am coming from an environment where multiple people can take up the
same Task all at once and share it, therefore this mistake. I thought
that it may be possible to have a syntax to indicate how many people
are allowed to claim it at the Task level, not programatically
creating multiple Task instances.

By using BPEL FOR loop, it must post the same Task to multiple people,
they will be all different instances. I presume then that the loop
cannot be finished until all the people have completed the Tasks or
Skipped.

In this case, that may be desired, but how about other cases where
people may want to move onto the next Task without waiting others?

Also, I am wondering about the case where people may do the same Task
at the same time and share the Task (by sharing some instance ID or
correlation parameter).

Regards,
Yoichi

Yoichi Takayama, PhD
Senior Research Fellow
RAMP Project
MELCOE (Macquarie E-Learning Centre of Excellence)
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY

Phone: +61 (0)2 9850 9073
Fax: +61 (0)2 9850 6527
www.mq.edu.au
www.melcoe.mq.edu.au/projects/RAMP/
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY: CRICOS Provider No 00002J

confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily
the views of Macquarie E-Learning Centre Of Excellence (MELCOE) or
Macquarie University.

smime.p7s