bpel4people-editors message

Subject: RE: [bpel4people-editors] BP-44

Here are the WSDLs after the changes that I needed to make in order for them to validate.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Rowley
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 5:11 PM
To: 'Dieter Koenig1'
Cc: bpel4people-editors@lists.oasis-open.org

Dieter,

(0) HumanTask spec
Thank you for your thorough review and suggestions.  Regarding the acceptance of changes, I had been thinking that as editors, we might want to occasionally see diffs from a previous revision.  We could then regenerate diffs from the last CD using Word's "compare documents" feature.

Nonetheless, if people would prefer, I'd be happy to back out my changes and reapply them to the previous version of the document, maintaining the revision marking.

(1) and (2) ws-humantask-api.wsdl and ws-humantask.xsd

Thank you for all your work on this.  All of the things you mentioned sound like good changes.

Looking back at where I went wrong, I see that I was thrown by the fact that ws-humantask-api.wsdl still has the following for its definition of getTaskDetailsResponse (both in SVN and in your email):

          <xsd:element name="getTaskDetailsResponse">
                <xsd:complexType>
                  <xsd:sequence>
                        <xsd:element name="task" type="htt:tTask" />
                  </xsd:sequence>
                </xsd:complexType>
          </xsd:element>

You are saying that that should now contain an element of type tTaskDetails, right?  (I also see the same problem in the definition of getMyTaskDetailsResponse.)

Once I fixed those two problems, I then noticed that Eclipse had problems validating ws-humantask-protocol.wsdl until I changed the embedded schema to use qualified names in its type references (rather than assuming the default namespace prefix, which Eclipse balks at, so it may be incorrect).  Thus three element definitions changed from type="tProtocolMsgType" to type="htp:tProtocolMsgType".

With that change, both WSDL's passed validation.  Could you check that I've started with the right versions of these WSDLs and see if you agree with the need for these changes?

(3) These also look good.

Thanks again for your thorough review of BP-44, and I'll reiterate that your suggested changes look good to me.

Michael