Subject: BPEL4People - Chair Candidacy

Hi,

I'd like to formally express my interest in holding the position of OASIS BPEL4People TC chair. I have worked with many of you who have already joined the TC, but please allow me to introduce myself to those who I've not met yet.

I am a senior member of the IBM Software Group's standards team. Since I joined the team I have specialized in SOA and Business Process Management standards. In particular, I was the IBM project manager on the BPEL4People development team and I worked closely and I believe effectively with my peers at Active Endpoints, Adobe, BEA, Oracle, and SAP to bring this technology to OASIS. I am currently the IBM project manager on the BPMN 2.0 project which is underway at the OMG. In addition I have significant experience with bringing standards submissions to The Open Group.

Prior to working in the standards area, my 20+ year career at IBM has included numerous technical and management roles in software development, service, product management and business strategy. In particular I believe my experience leading product teams will assist me in leading the work of the TC members and has equipped me to be an impartial chairperson who will value diverse points of view.

Recently BPEL has achieved critical mass in the industry, and I view the work of this TC as critical to extending that success into human-centric applications. I look forward to working with members of the TC and I hope that all TC members will give my candidacy serious consideration.

Thanks ... Dave Ings..

Regards, Dave Ings,
Emerging Software Standards
Email: ings@ca.ibm.com