Subject: Re: [bpel4people] NEW ISSUE: Title: Outcome field is missing fromtask view

Matthias,

I was on-and-off adding it there and don't have a strong opinion here.

At the end, the reason i added it was for a task client to figure out if
an outcome column must be rendered or not. Not a very strong argument
indeed.

So lets see what others are saying and then we can make a decision to
keep it or remove it from the simple view.

Best Regards,
Ralf

Matthias Kloppmann wrote:

> Makes sense to me, with one exception that I'd like to discuss: The
> Simple Task View is designed to only contain a flat list of "harmless"
> (i.e., relatively small, non-nested) data fields. In my view, the
> outcome field is "harmless" in that sense and hence could be included
> directly into that view, also avoiding the need for an ...Exists boolean.
>
> Opinions?
>
> Viele Grüße/Kind regards,
> -Matthias
> _Matthias Kloppmann_ <http://ehngsa.ibm.com/%7Eklm1/>
> 	E-Mail: 	_Matthias-Kloppmann@de.ibm.com_
> <mailto:Matthias-Kloppmann@de.ibm.com>
> 	Address: 	_IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH_
> <http://www.ibm.com/de/entwicklung/>
> 	Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
> IBM Distinguished Engineer
> 	Phone: 	+49 7031 16-3771 	(office)
>
> 	_Schönaicher Straße 220_
> <http://www.ibm.com/de/entwicklung/ueberuns/anfahrt_englisch.pdf>
> 	Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
> Chief Architect, _Business Process Technology_
> <http://www.ibm.com/software/info/bpmsoa/>
>
> 	+49 7031 413110 	(home office)
>
> 	_71032 Böblingen_ <http://www.boeblingen.de/>
> 	Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen
> Member, _Technical Expert Council CR_
> <http://w3.boeblingen.de.ibm.com/tec/>
>
> 	+49 160 9060 7676 	(mobile)
>
> 	_Germany_ <http://www.deutschland.de/>
> 	Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294
>

> /"Wisdom begins in wonder."/ – Socrates
>

> From: 	Ralf Mueller <ralf.mueller@oracle.com>
> To: 	Mark Ford <mark.ford@activevos.com>
> Cc: 	bpel4people@lists.oasis-open.org
> Date: 	19.06.2008 11:23
> Subject: 	Re: [bpel4people] NEW ISSUE: Title: Outcome field is missing
> from task view

> Hi,
>
> The outcome field came in very late and was requested by Oracle so I'd
> like to make the
> following proposal:
>
> WS-HT spec:
> ==========
>
> Section 6.1.1 Participant Operations:
> -------------------------------------
>
> - Add the following Operation:
>
> Operation Name: getOutcome
> Parameters: In: task identifier, Out: string
> Authorization: Any
>
> Section 6.1.2 Simple Query Operations:
> - In the 'Simple Task View' table, add a row
>
> Column Name: OutcomeExists
> Type: xsd:boolean
>
> Section 6.1.3 Advanced Query Operation:
>
> - Add another element to the XML-schema type "tTaskQueryResultRow"
>
> <xsd:element name="outcome" type="xsd:string"/>
>
> - Modify the XML-schema file "ws-humantask-api.xsd" to include above
> element
> in complexType "tTaskQueryResultRow"
>
> - Add a row to the 'Complete Task View' table:
>
> Column Name: Outcome
> Type: xsd:string
> Constraints: -
>
> Section 6.2 XPath Extension Functions:
>
> - Add an XPath operation:
>
> Operation Name: getOutcome
> Evaluates to an empty string in case there is no
> [...]

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Ralf Mueller | Consulting Member Technical Staff | +49.721.6291.639
Oracle Fusion Middleware | Fax: +49.721.6291.88
Ruschgraben 133, Karlsruhe 76139, Germany
Middleware <http://www.oracle.com/middleware> | Integration
<http://www.oracle.com/integration> | ralf.mueller@oracle.com
<mailto:ralf.mueller@oracle.com>