Subject: [bpel4people] Investigation Area: Transaction count forWS-HumanTask operations

Luc,

We talked briefly about gauging transaction counts in WS-HumanTask during the last conference call, with an eye to ensuring the protocol is not unnecessarily chatty.  It sounds like you’ve already done some thinking around this, and I’m interested to hear your findings.  Here’s roughly what I thought for the way to go about this:

1.       Determine the set of user interactions with the task list UI or the task UI that are likely.

2.       Through inspection, determine the number of server roundtrips to successfully complete those interactions.

3.       Determine the formula for number of transactions based on data set size.

4.       Reach consensus on the frequency of the action vs. the roundtrip count.

5.       Where necessary, propose bulk or more streamlined operations that the task list UI or task UI could call on the task server.

Thanks,

Phil