Subject: Feedback on Routing Pattern proposal

Dear all,

we suggest to structure the routing pattern discussion around the following topics, which build on each other:

1. General Subtask concept -- parent-child relationship, coupling of life-cycle, coordination, state diagrams, ...
        This is independent from the concrete routing pattern discussion, but is used as a basis for routing patterns.

2. Routing patterns proper -- pre-defined patterns, extension points, terminology, nesting model, early completion, ...
        This builds on subtasks.

3. Data handling: result combination/aggregation, input distribution, completion condition, ...
        Need to define boundary between pre-defined handling (e.g., for outcomes) and extension points.

4. Considerations concerning organizational model, e.g., management chain
        According to our interpretation of the B4P charter, issues concerning the organizational model are out of scope of the TC work. The concrete scenario using a management chain can be addressed with existing means -- see comments in doc.

The attached document contains our concrete comments to the Oracle proposal.

We'll come up with refined proposals for the different topic areas, based on Oracle's proposal and our joint discussions, over the next couple of days.

Viele Grüße/Kind regards,
-Dieter, Frank, Gerhard, Matthias

BP-28-RevisedProposal (comments IBM).doc

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature