Subject: [bpel4people] BP-47: Determining that a people activity's task has beenskipped

In the discussion at the Nov 12 TC call, I raised the question about the
behavior of getState() if it is called for an activity that is not a
peopleActivity. The B4P spec already has a general statement "Because XPath
1.0 functions do not support returning faults, an empty node set is
returned in the event of an error", which also applies here (other XPath
functions also have a "people activity name" parameter). With that, I
withdraw my concern and vote for accepting the proposal as described :-)

Kind Regards

Dieter König

Senior Technical Staff Member, WebSphere Process Server Architect
IBM Software Group, Application and Integration Middleware Software
WSS Business Process Solutions

 Phone:            +49-7031-16-3426           IBM Deutschland                      (Embedded
                                                                                 image moved
                                                                                    to file:
                                                                               pic14751.gif)

 E-Mail:           dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com    Schönaicher Str. 220

                                              71032 Böblingen

                                              Germany

 IBM Deutschland
 Research &
 Development
 GmbH /
 Vorsitzender des
 Aufsichtsrats:
 Martin Jetter
 Geschäftsführung:
 Erich Baier
 Sitz der
 Gesellschaft:
 Böblingen /
 Registergericht:
 Amtsgericht
 Stuttgart, HRB
 243294

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"Luc Clement" <luc.clement@activevos.com>                                                                                                         |
|------------>
| To:        |
  |"'Michael Rowley'" <michael.rowley@activevos.com>, <bpel4people@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                             |
| Date:      |
  |31.10.2008 00:48                                                                                                                                  |
| Subject:   |
  |[bpel4people] BP-47: Determining that a people activity's task has been skipped                                                                   |