Subject: BP-70: Complement simple query operations

Assigned: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BP-70

From: Gerhard Pfau [mailto:GPFAU@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:57
To: bpel4people@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [bpel4people] NEW ISSUE: Complement simple query operations

Dear all,

as just discussed pls. find below the summary of the new proposed issue we have just talked about:

TARGET: WS-HumanTask

When comparing the simple query operations in "6.1.2 Simple Query Operations" with the advanced query operation in "6.1.3 Advanced Query Operation" we realized that the simple queries are lacking of two basic capabilities:
a) Support for paging, i.e., get subsets of a query result set of a certain length that starts either at an offset of 0 or with an arbitrary offset
b) Support for ordering the result

PROPOSAL:
Offer the following parameters from the advanced query operation also for the simple queries with semantics as described in "6.1.3 Advanced Query Operation":
•        order-by clause
•        taskIndexOffset

Best regards,

Gerhard

Gerhard Pfau

IBM Senior Technical Staff Member

Lead Architect, Human Task Manager

Member, IBM Academy of Technology
Member,
Technical Expert Council CR

phone:
fax:
mobile:

+49-(0)7031-16-4899
+49-(0)7031-16-4890
+49-(0)160-533-6578

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

Legal Information:
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH; Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter; Geschäftsführung: Erich Baier
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294