Subject: NEW ISSUE: Single Actual Owner and Routing Tasks (2/3)

I am following up on the discussion we had during our last meeting. I have outlined below a change (2/3) to the WS-HumanTask Specification Version 1.1 document that I proposed.

Regards,

Alireza Farhoush

TARGET: WS-HumanTask Specification Version 1.1 CD02

In Section 3.1 ‘Generic Human Roles’, in the 6th paragraph, a statement reads:

“A task managed by a WS-HumanTask Processor must have exactly one actual owner.”

Although the routing pattern has not been finalized, it does raise an issue regarding the above statement. In routing patterns, conceptually, multiple people might be invited to work on the same task, although, in most implementations, a new instance of the task is created and there is therefore only one owner per instance. Perhaps some clarification about single ownership of a task should be added to accommodate the semantics of routing tasks (once approved).