Subject: Re: [bpel4people] 4.9.1 Presentation Data for BPEL4People CD02

Thanks, Dieter. Most helpful.

So, then, I think that remoteTask in BPEL4People must have
presentation element as a possible element to have.

Currently there is no mention of it other than it can contain the
standard overriding elements (e.g. people assignment).

Am I mistaken?

Thanks,
Yoichi
Yoichi Takayama, PhD
Senior Research Fellow
RAMP Project
MELCOE (Macquarie E-Learning Centre of Excellence)
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY

Phone: +61 (0)2 9850 9073
Fax: +61 (0)2 9850 6527
www.mq.edu.au
www.melcoe.mq.edu.au/projects/RAMP/
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY: CRICOS Provider No 00002J

confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily
the views of Macquarie E-Learning Centre Of Excellence (MELCOE) or
Macquarie University.

On 10/03/2009, at 9:59 PM, Dieter Koenig1 wrote:

> Hi Yoichi, in all cases (localTask, remoteTask, or a task invoked by
> an
> arbitrary application), there is a full WS-HT human task definition,
> optionally containing presentation elements. In case of the B4P
> remoteTask,
> the referenced portType+operation is typically a service provided by a
> human task (but the externally visible behavior is limited to the
> service
> and protocol interaction).
>
> The elements nested in a localTask or remoteTask are passed to the
> task
> processor as settings overriding those provided in the task
> definition. So
> far, there has not been an urgent need for overriding presentation
> elements.
>
> On the other hand, a client using the query interface in order to
> present a
> task list is not able to tell the difference w.r.t. how a task was
> invoked.
> The advanced query operation also returns presentation elements
> defined for
> each task. If none are defined, it is up to the task list client
> what to
> present instead.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Dieter König
>
> Senior Technical Staff Member, WebSphere Process Server Architect
> IBM Software Group, Application and Integration Middleware Software
> WSS Business Process Solutions
>

>  Phone:            +49-7031-16-3426           IBM
> Deutschland                      (Embedded
>                                                                                  image
>  moved
>  file:
>                                                                                pic11431
> .gif)
>
>  E-Mail:           dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com    Schönaicher Str. 220
>
>                                               71032 Böblingen
>
>                                               Germany
>

>  IBM Deutschland
>  Research &
>  Development
>  GmbH /
>  Vorsitzender des
>  Aufsichtsrats:
>  Martin Jetter
>  Geschäftsführung:
>  Erich Baier
>  Sitz der
>  Gesellschaft:
>  Böblingen /
>  Registergericht:
>  Amtsgericht
>  Stuttgart, HRB
>  243294
>

>  From:       Yoichi Takayama <yoichi@melcoe.mq.edu.au>
>
>  To:         bpel4people@lists.oasis-open.org
>
>  Date:       10.03.2009 09:01
>
>  Subject:    [bpel4people] 4.9.1 Presentation Data for BPEL4People
> CD02
>

> In bpel4people-1.1-spec-CD-02-MARKEDUP, I can't find the definition
> of the
> presentation data for remoteTask.

> [...]

smime.p7s