Subject: BP-80: Specify default behavior of simple query operations

Title: [bpel4people] New Issue: Specify default behavior of simple query operations

Assigned: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BP-80

From: Petereit, Hannah [mailto:hannah.petereit@sap.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 05:23
To: bpel4people@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello all,

at SAP we've came across missing default behavior specification for simple query operations when we tried to map two of our internal task management APIs. Therefore we would like to open the following issue:

Issue:
Specify default behavior of simple query operations

Issue Description:
WS-HT specification, chapter 6.1.2 Simple Query Operations

For both simple query operations (getMyTaskAbstracts & getMyTasks) it is not clearly defined whether input parameters are mandatory, and - in case an input parameter is not set - what is the default behavior of the operation.

Proposal:
1) task type
optional parameter
default behavior (in case parameter is not set): "ALL"

2) generic human role
parameter should be list-enabled
optional parameter
default behavior (in case parameter in not set): filter by "processor", which means:
a) "actual owner" for tasks in status "Reserved" / "InProgress" / "Suspended" / "Completed" / "Canceled"
b) "potential owner" for tasks in status "Ready"

3) work queue
optional parameter
default behavior (in case parameter is not set): personal tasks only (this is already defined in the spec)

4) status list
optional parameter
default behavior (in case parameter is not set): no filtering by status, tasks in all potential states are returned

5) where clause
optional parameter
default behavior (in case parameter is not set): no additional task filtering

6) created-on clause
optional parameter
default bahavior (in case parameter is not set): no filtering by creation date

7) maxTasks
optional parameter (this is already defined in the spec)
default behavior (in case parameter is not set): all result tasks of the query are returned

I'm sorry for already creating a corresponding entry in JIRA: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BP-80, as I was not aware of the agreement, that only Luc should create new issues.

Best regards, Hannah