Subject: Issue BP-81 - Task Activation Deferral missing in Human Task Context

Assigned: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BP-81

-----Original Message-----
From: Dieter Koenig1 [mailto:dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:20
To: bpel4people@lists.oasis-open.org

As BP-63 had been resolved already :-), I am resubmitting this point as a new issue.

Target:
ws-humantask-context.xsd

According to WS-HT chapter 7, "The amount of time by which the task activation is deferred" can be overridden. However, this capability is missing in the WS-HT request context (note that the BP-63 resolution split the human task context into request context and response context).

Proposal:
Add a new element "activationDeferralTime" to the WS-HT request context (see attached version of ws-humantask-context.xsd).

Kind Regards

Dieter König

Senior Technical Staff Member, WebSphere Process Server Architect IBM Software Group, Application and Integration Middleware Software WSS Business Process Solutions

  Phone:            +49-7031-16-3426           IBM Deutschland                      (Embedded
                                                                                  image moved
                                                                                     to file:
                                                                                pic21929.gif)

  E-Mail:           dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com    Schönaicher Str. 220

                                               71032 Böblingen

                                               Germany

  IBM Deutschland
  Research &
  Development
  GmbH /
  Vorsitzender des
  Aufsichtsrats:
  Martin Jetter
  Geschäftsführung:
  Erich Baier
  Sitz der
  Gesellschaft:
  Böblingen /
  Registergericht:
  Amtsgericht
  Stuttgart, HRB
  243294

----- Forwarded by Dieter Koenig1/Germany/IBM on 13.05.2009 18:11 -----.

Resending a revised attachment (ws-humantask-context.xsd) -- according to WS-HT chapter 7, the "amount of time by which the task activation is deferred" can also be overridden, and is therefore also an element of the WS-HT request context.
(See attached file: ws-humantask-context.xsd)

Kind Regards

Dieter König

Senior Technical Staff Member, WebSphere Process Server Architect IBM Software Group, Application and Integration Middleware Software WSS Business Process Solutions

  Phone:            +49-7031-16-3426           IBM Deutschland
(Embedded
image moved
to file:
pic28925.gif)

----- Forwarded by Dieter Koenig1/Germany/IBM on 13.05.2009 13:20 -----.

Dieter Koenig1/Germany/IBM@IBMDE wrote on 18.02.2009 18:33:18:

> [...]

> elements) to the response context in order to communicate the
> effective human role assignments back to the task parent.
>
> (3) Enable extensibility for both request and response context.
>
> (4) Unblock substitution for the contained genericHumanRole element
> (similar to Issue BP-62).
>
> As a result, this is what the WS-HumanTask context
> (ws-humantask-context.xsd) looks like:
>
> <xsd:schema
>   xmlns:xsd,="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
>   xmlns:htt="
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/bpel4people/ws-humantask/types/200803";
>   xmlns="
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/bpel4people/ws-humantask/context/200803";
>   targetNamespace="
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/bpel4people/ws-humantask/context/200803";
>   elementFormDefault="qualified" blockDefault="#all">
>
>   <xsd:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace";
>     schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd"; />
>   <xsd:import. namespace.="
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/bpel4people/ws-humantask/types/200803";
>     schemaLocation="ws-humantask-types.xsd." />
>
>   <xsd:element name="humanTaskRequestContext" type="
> tHumanTaskRequestContext" />
>   <xsd:complexType name="tHumanTaskRequestContext">
>     <xsd:complexContent>
>       <xsd:extension base="tHumanTaskContextBase">
>         <xsd:sequence>
>           <xsd:element name="peopleAssignments" type="tPeopleAssignments"
> minOccurs="0" />
>           <xsd:element name="isSkipable" type="xsd:boolean" minOccurs="0"
> />
>           <xsd:element name="expirationTime" type="xsd:dateTime"
minOccurs
> ="0" />
>           <xsd:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"
minOccurs="0"
> maxOccurs="unbounded" />
>         </xsd:sequence>
>       </xsd:extension>
>    </xsd:complexContent>
>   </xsd:complexType>
>
>   <xsd:element name="humanTaskResponseContext" type="
> tHumanTaskResponseContext" />
>   <xsd:complexType name="tHumanTaskResponseContext">
>     <xsd:complexContent>
>       <xsd:extension base="tHumanTaskContextBase">
>         <xsd:sequence>
>           <xsd:element name="actualOwner" type="htt:tUser" />
>           <xsd:element name="actualPeopleAssignments" type="
> tPeopleAssignments" />
>           <xsd:element name="outcome" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0" />
>           <xsd:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax"
minOccurs="0"
> maxOccurs="unbounded" />
>         </xsd:sequence>
>       </xsd:extension>
>    </xsd:complexContent>
>   </xsd:complexType>
>
>   <xsd:complexType name="tHumanTaskContextBase" abstract="true">
>     <xsd:sequence>
>       <xsd:element name="priority" type="htt:tPriority" minOccurs="0" />
>       <xsd:element name="attachments" type="tAttachments"
minOccurs="0" />
>     </xsd:sequence>
>   </xsd:complexType>
>
>   <xsd:complexType name="tPeopleAssignments">
>     <xsd:sequence>
>       <xsd:element ref="genericHumanRole" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="
> unbounded" />
>     </xsd:sequence>
>   </xsd:complexType>
>
>   <xsd:element name="genericHumanRole" type="tGenericHumanRole"
abstract="
> true" block="restriction extension" />
>
>   <xsd:element name="potentialOwners" type="tGenericHumanRole"
> substitutionGroup="genericHumanRole"/>
>   <xsd:element name="excludedOwners" type="tGenericHumanRole"
> substitutionGroup="genericHumanRole"/>
>   <xsd:element name="taskInitiator" type="tGenericHumanRole"
> substitutionGroup="genericHumanRole"/>
>   <xsd:element name="taskStakeholders" type="tGenericHumanRole"
> substitutionGroup="genericHumanRole"/>
>   <xsd:element name="businessAdministrators" type="tGenericHumanRole"
> substitutionGroup="genericHumanRole"/>
>   <xsd:element name="recipients" type="tGenericHumanRole"
substitutionGroup