Subject: Fw: BPEL4People TC - Two Quick Updates

Correction: next meeting is Wednesday October 6th (11 AM ET) not the 5th!

You can always check here: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/bpel4people/calendar.php

Regards, Dave Ings,
Emerging Software Standards
Email: ings@ca.ibm.com
Yahoo Messenger: dave_ings
----- Forwarded by Dave Ings/Toronto/IBM on 2010/09/15 11:24 AM -----

From: Dave Ings/Toronto/IBM
To: bpel4people@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 2010/09/15 11:19 AM
Subject: BPEL4People TC - Two Quick Updates

Hi folks, two quick updates.

First, I've not received notice of any additional companies able to provide statements of use ... so it seems likely that the TC will quiesce for an indefinite period. And as per the OASIS process http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#closingTC we need to hold a quorate meeting every six months lest the TC risk being closed.

So I propose that we plan on holding one meeting in the fall and one in the spring, with others scheduled on demand. Therefore I plan to hold the previously scheduled October 5th meeting and I will schedule another one in March 2011 (I'll add it to Kavi). In order to preserve your voting rights and to ensure we achieve quorum please plan to attend on October 5th - I suspect it will be a very short meeting. :-)

Secondly, I wanted to let you know that last week OASIS staff approached me as chair and asked me to do a press interview regarding B4P with searchsoa.com. The 30 minute interview occurred last Friday. I don't know when the article will be published. Both OASIS and I level set with the reporter that they were interviewing me as TC chair and not as a representative of IBM or any other TC member, that if they wanted a vendor view they had to contact media relations of the vendor.