Subject: 3/14 BPEL4People TC Meeting Reminder

Hi everyone,

This is a reminder that in order to keep our TC alive we need to meet periodically and that the next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 3/14 11 AM ET as per:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/bpel4people/calendar.php

Please plan on attending so we can achieve quorum. Send me any agenda items you'd like to discuss.

Agenda Notes

1. NA is on daylight savings time, EU is not. The meeting will start at 11 AM ET - which means that the EU start time will be an hour earlier than usual.

2. At our last meeting, in October, I believe we briefly discussed the possibility of closing the TC once the new OASIS maintenance policy was in force. That is now the case, see http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#maintenanceActivity and so we should have a discussion about closing the B4P TC.

A full majority vote is required to close a TC see http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#closingTC and "full majority" is defined here http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#definitions in our case a full majority translates to 8 votes. The 14 TC members who have voting rights are http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/bpel4people/members/eligible_voters.php

Unless someone can provide a compelling reason to keep the TC open, I would propose we close it. If people need additional time to consult within their company then I think it would be perfectly reasonable to schedule the formal vote for (say) mid-April rather than have it during the March heartbeat meeting.

Thanks ... Dave.

Regards, Dave Ings,
Emerging Software Standards
Email: ings@ca.ibm.com