bt-messaging message

Subject: RE: Let's get to work

James,

I started looking at the "draft spec: Abstract Message Set" and I have the
following thoughts:

1) I think we should clearly identify the carrier protocols that should be
targeted. I think SMTP, SOAP, ebXML Messaging should be our targets. Of
course, I am not suggesting that these are all, but each of the three has
different capabilities that spans low end messaging to high end reliable
messaging.
The thought is that we can use these to validate the concrete messages and
make sure we put provisions in the messages that would take advantage of
some of the better carrier protocols.

2) With regards to whether or not the BTP message is carried in the header
or the payload, I think we should resolve this issue soon since it will
impact the format of the message. Of course placing the message in the
payload would be less invasive to the carrier protocol, but it would impose
a heavy processing price if the message is digitally signed.

3) Are we going to actually specify the binding for every carrier protocol
or simply just specify the concrete messages?

Regards,
Hatem