bt-messaging message

Subject: RE: Let's get to work

Hatem,

> 1) I think we should clearly identify the carrier protocols that should be
> targeted. I think SMTP, SOAP, ebXML Messaging should be our targets. Of
> course, I am not suggesting that these are all, but each of the three has
> different capabilities that spans low end messaging to high end reliable
> messaging.
I agree that this three types of protocols are a good starting point. But I
think we should assume that we have will have to deal with a huge count of
different protocols. So I would suggest a protocol abstraction layer, giving
the option to adopt every special protocol to best way.
For example the header / body decision should be done in the protocol adapter.
If the protocol uses some kind of XML, the adapter could be easily implemented
using XSLT. This would lead to a quick implementation for this important group
of protocols ( looking forward to XMLProtocol ).

> 3) Are we going to actually specify the binding for every carrier protocol
> or simply just specify the concrete messages?
Both, I think.
The 'Abstract Message Set' has to be realized somehow, and we have to define
how it should be bound to a real protocol.

Greetings

Andreas