bt-models message

Subject: Re: verbatim notes from London bt models meeting

> Does the service (lets assume a remote one) site maps the BTP words to XA
> words? or the initiator site (cohesion)?  I have no objection if the
> service sites maps the BTP words to XA words, in fact this may be the case
> in many critical services. But if the initiator site maps the BTP to XA
> words then this looks like the cohesion is taking a XA transaction manager
> role for this particular service... which requires that there is an
> discovery (or by other means) of the type of the services offered (how
> would initiator know that a particular service implements 2PC/ACID
> transaction?)

I would prefer to see the BTP message (say "complete work OK") to be mapped
by the subordinate/servant/... in an implementation specific manner, so for
example it could do an xa_commit or an OTS::Current.commit(), or whatever.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little (mark@arjuna.com)
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Phone +44 191 2064538