bt-models message

Subject: Re: terminology

<<<<
I am not sure if the conductor is a good term for this...

Why? The conductor in an orchestra, for example, follows a set of rules (the music sheet) and controls the orchestra to perform the music. I'd really like to *not* use coordinator.

(iv) cohesion sounded OK to those involved, though I think Keith was going to see if he could come up with something else.

<<<<
what about using the term business transaction? I think it is widely accepted that business gradations are not 2PC/ACID transactions...

As has been mentioned several time by different people, "business transactions" is far too loose a term, and really can mean different things to different people.
Mark.

Dr. Mark Little (mark@arjuna.com)
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Phone +44 191 2064538