Subject: RE: suggestions for charter

James Tauber sent:

> I'd like to suggest the following points for consideration for the
> specification sub-committee charter:
>
> - to decide on document formats
> - to appoint editors
> - to gather material written by other groups (esp model and messaging sub
> committees)
> - to make available draft specifications
> - to record feedback on draft specifications and pass on to other groups
> - to publish final specifications
> - to maintain errata
>
> Comments / suggestions / additions?

Thanks. Looks good.

Are there any existing house-style/patterns/procedures in OASIS on any of
these ? Especially document formats, feedback/comment cycle, errata
maintenance - not that we want to be bound by something that doesn't fit our
case, but to avoid needless variation or wheel-invention.

On document formats - The existing (finalised) OASIS standards that are
simple documents (as opposed to collections of dtd's, etc) are on the
website in html and xml (some using the docbook dtd).

On errata - The DocBook technical committee continues to maintain the
DocBook DTD.

Peter
Peter Furniss
Choreology Ltd