Subject: Re: [bt-spec] BTP Issue 6 : Informative appendices - spec or primer

At 06:39 PM 11/22/01 +0000, Mark Little wrote:

I think the appendices should be out of the spec., but some of the information in them may be put into the explanatory section that makes the case for BTP. For example, an example of how BPML or WSPL may use BTP could be (briefly) in the explanatory section, but entire appendices are to much to be included in to the spec.

I think some subset of the Use Cases should appear in the specification, otherwise it's going to be hard for readers to see exactly what problem domain we're trying to address. A bit like buying a cook book without any recipe descriptions!

Agreed.

Sounds like we really want just enough background and motivation including application and protocol use cases in the spec so that things will not be hanging on the air. I think Alastair and Bill Cox are working on such an explanatory section in the spec. I also think we should publish the (current) appendices as supplementary (separate) BTP docs, they are definitely useful!

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Email: mark@arjuna.com | mark_little@hp.com