Subject: RE: [bt-spec] BTP Issue 62 : Names of the relationships

Peter,
I agree that a diagram showing the actor/roles relationships as well as control and outcome flow will be useful. However I have found the two diagrams, although possible according to the spec, not very common. For example a coordinator:composer relationship where coordinator is a superior cannot be too common. I think, as far as Coordinator concerned the inferior is a participant and it does not know what else it is capable of doing. Beside a terminator:composer relationship is very different then a possible coordinator:composer relationship... Do you think the coordinator will take a terminator role in this coordinator:composer (as superior:inferior) relationship?

I have created a new diagram - modified one of yours - that I think shows the most possible relationships amongst the actors. It also shows the layered relationship where composer deals with coordinators and coordinator deals with participants only. In addition, I think there should be a link between the terminator and the coordinator (dashed lines in the diagram) so that in case there is no composer, the terminator can talk to coordinator (This could be another diagram too).

--Sazi