Subject: RE: [bt-spec] RE: Handle definition missing

Hi Mark,

The spec does talk about(/specify) Inferior-handle upfront in line 1176 in
version 0.9.1 and then it is used in the abstract message definitions as are
the other parameters, so it is mentioned and its role defined ahead of
appearing in the XML.

Is this what you are looking for?  If not would you like to propose a
definition?

My understanding from the definition given in the spec is that the Handle is
used to identify an a particular inferior on the Terminator : Decider
relationship - and is unique only within that scope - whereas the Identifier
is used on the Superior : Inferior and only need be unique within that
scope.  However, Choreology (based on implementation experience)  is now
proposing to make the identifier a URI and therefore globally unique so the
requirement to a have a different 'thing' that we call a 'Handle' would go
away.  This would answer issues 49 and 77.

Best Regards     Tony
A M Fletcher
Choreology Ltd., 13 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2JX     UK
Tel: +44 (0) 20 76701787         Mobile: +44 (0) 7801 948219
tony.fletcher@choreology.com <mailto:tony.fletcher@choreology.com>