Subject: RE: [bt-spec] RE: Handle definition missing

Yes, if Handle were to survive, we do need a statement of the type.

But (in the issue 77, 78 discussion) we've suggested changing identifiers to
be URI's.

The handle's were mostly invented because the only other way a Terminator
can distinguish the inferiors of a composer was with the combination
address-as-inferior (which is a set) and the inferior identifier. That was
rather messy for the poor Terminator, so a differently scoped field was
useful.  But if identifiers are globally unambiguous in themselves, they can
be used directly, and we can drop the handle completely - effectively
answering your issue 47 as Yes, Yes, and making 49 moot.

We'll want to keep the "inferior name" qualifier, which allows
application-chosen strings to be passed about.

Peter