Subject: RE: [bt-spec] URIs and address-as-X (MAJOR)

Peter:

I always meant URI. My normal form of the URI for the work I'm currently
doing is the URL, but it is clear in my mind that URIs are used throughout
BTP. As for URNs, the unique resolution of a URN to an entity must rely on
either some rules defined by the protocol within whose context the URN sits,
or else defined by some proprietaty means.

The fact remains: URIs can be used as a globally unambiguous naming
mechanism, whose form is defined according to the rules of the protocol that
the particular URI is bound to, which is more conventional (i.e. accessible
to the lay person) and loses nothing in expressiveness over the current
address+identifier scheme.

Jim