Subject: RE: [business-transaction] Re: [bt-spec] URIs and address-as-X (M AJOR)

> > If I
> > have a Superior, with a fail-over address, on your scheme I
> send out
> > two URIs in the CONTEXT. How many of these appear in the
> PREPARED from
> > you ? Both of them ? Or just the one you happen to have
> used for the
> > communication.

The one that happens to be in use at the time - i.e. the one that hasn't
failed, in the no-failure case a "preferred" URI which is defined on my
terms.

> > On our scheme, the CONTEXT would contain one URI (from an arbitrary
> > scheme of our choosing), and two addresses. The PREPARED
> contains only
> > the URI, however you sent it.

I don't have the vaguest idea what this is proposing. It seems to suggest
some kind of logical mapping between the URI and the addresses? Well why not
just have two URIs? At least then I'm only lugging around 2 bits of data
(the URIs) and not 3 (the URI and the 2 addresses) and I can still resolve
entities perfectly well.

Jim