Subject: RE: [business-transaction] Re: [bt-spec] URIs and address-as-X (M AJOR)

> D) if the identification only identifies, and the addresses
> only locate, the total information shipped is probably less.
> The addresses would (typically) only be the general endpoint
> - you could use the same address on every transaction that
> was run from that process (at least)

OK, so we're basically back where we were, where address+identifier ==
endpoint (your version), or identifer == endpoint (my version).

In general, there is some token or combination of tokens that get youto an
endpoint for a given protocol binding. I want that to be a single token for
simplicity, at the expense of shipping round potentially longer identifiers.

However, if you imagine every single transaction running on its own server
then my scheme matches perfectly. Furthermore, multiplexing gives the same
semantics so even when you've got many transactions per server, this scheme
still works.

Jim