Subject: Re: [bt-spec] RE: Proposal to resolve URI issue

> I receive a field which may be "a pure id", or "an id and an address".
>
> How do I know when I can use it as an address? Parsing? Trial and error?
Or are
> you proposing that this new BTP type of URI contains information that
tells the
> recipient whether it is addressable?

I certainly don't mean trial and error! Let's try to keep this in the real
world.

We, as the BTP specifiers, have the freedom to impose structure on specific
URIs so that the information is embedded in the URI, e.g., btp-id://
btp-address://, btp://myurn?id, ...

If we agree that the current proposal helps solve both sides arguments then
we can discuss the format.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little (mark_little@hp.com)
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs