Subject: Re: [bt-spec] RE: Proposal to resolve URI issue

Hi Jim,

So if URI is a new BTP URL then use as address (or first of vector) else use
first ordinary address. In any event use it as a URN to identify transaction?

Alastair

"WEBBER,JIM (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex1)" wrote:

> > My objections lessen enormously if I have misunderstood, and
> > you are not proposing to drop
> > "target-additional-information". Can you clarify this point?
>
> I would absolutely be beside myself if someone argued to drop
> "target-additional-information" so, no, we're not arguing for that.
>
> I think what we're saying is:
>
> 1. Need a token to identify transactions.
> 2. That token needs to be unique.
> 3. Might be nice if that token could also be used as a "reference" to that
> transaction (i.e. use it for addressing and identification) in a
> straightforward manner.
>
> Assumptions:
>
> 1. Binding is to single protocol at any one time. Bridging protocols is
> outside of our remit (and successfully handled by other commercial
> products).
> 2. No restriction on what protocol you choose to bind to.
>
> Jim

begin:vcard
n:Green;Alastair
tel;cell:+44 795 841 2107
tel;fax:+44 207 670 1785
tel;work:+44 207 670 1780
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.choreology.com
org:Choreology Ltd
version:2.1
email;internet:alastair.green@choreology.com
title:Managing Director
adr;quoted-printable:;;13 Austin Friars=0D=0A;London;;EC2N 2JX;
fn:Alastair Green
end:vcard