Subject: RE: [bt-spec] URI issue subquestion #2

> I'm assuming the answer to subquestion #1 is yes, so:
>
> Do we think that entity migration necessitates retaining the same name at
> each endpoint address? (For now let's ignore the issues raised by allowing
> name change and just concentrate on whether or not, in principle,
> this is a
> good idea.)
>
> Our response would be yes.

But I thought you were arguing that you wanted to change the name. Now you
say you think migration recessitates retaining the same name at each
endpoint address.  But your parenthesis seems to go the other way.

We believe a migrating entity should have a name which is invariant over all
its migrations.

We believe it is a bad idea to allow an entity to change its name.

Peter