Subject: Re: [bt-spec] URI issue subquestion #2

> > Do we think that entity migration necessitates retaining the same name
at
> > each endpoint address? (For now let's ignore the issues raised by
allowing
> > name change and just concentrate on whether or not, in principle,
> > this is a
> > good idea.)
> >
> > Our response would be yes.
>
> But I thought you were arguing that you wanted to change the name.

Correct - a cut and paste error. The answer should have been "no". Honest!
;-)

> Now you
> say you think migration recessitates retaining the same name at each
> endpoint address.  But your parenthesis seems to go the other way.

See above.

> We believe a migrating entity should have a name which is invariant over
all
> its migrations.
>
> We believe it is a bad idea to allow an entity to change its name.

And this is where we differ. Rather than discuss "what ifs" and "why for's"
beyond this point, I would suggest we vote on this as a committee and then
move on (wherever that takes us). Sounds reasonable to me, but then I did
suggest it ;-)

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little, Distinguished Engineer,
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Email: mark_little@hp.com
Phone: +44 191 2606216
Fax  : +44 191 2606250