Subject: Re: [bt-spec] addresses and identification

In the interests of trying to make some forward progress on this issue, I'd
like to make the following proposal:

(i) we continue with the URI and address split as proposed

and

(ii) we have a separate issue about whether or not entity identity
modification is allowed within BTP.

It is the latter point on which our proposal hinges, but we do not believe
that this should derail a 1.0 version of the specification. We have had a
week of back-and-forth emails and discussions about one point of view or
another and I don't really think either side has made any progress in
convincing the other since Wednesday.

We are happy enough with (i) for now, as long as this separate issue is
recorded and eventually discussed (if need be, post 1.0 since we can work
either way). If a subsequent discussion and vote on this issue then leads to
an agreement that identity modification is to be supported, then there will
obviously need to be modifications to the rest of the protocol but that
should be supportable in an extensible manner anyway.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little, Distinguished Engineer,
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Email: mark_little@hp.com
Phone: +44 191 2606216
Fax  : +44 191 2606250