Subject: RE: [bt-spec] Context

> > as issue list maintainer:  I won't make this a new issue
> > unless you ask, but will if you do.
>
> Hmm. I'm in two minds. Is it possible to make it an issue for the 1.1
> version of the spec :-)

That's almost more of a PR question than anything else. I think if it gets
put on the current list, it's a candidate for 1.0, but a potential
resolution is "deferred" to future version.

> I definitely don't want to get rid of the context, but I am starting to
> think it should only appear in application messages, and not in the
> transaction-coordination messages. I think it could well be a useful
> factorisation.
>
> For example, someone building a BTP-aware service will only have to
> understand what a Context is, whereas people building transaction managers
> don't. The people in the middle (i.e. application developers or
> more likely
> those that develop infrastructure for applications) must understand both,
> but then they are in the right position to do so since they know about
> services and transactions.

I would hope that people building transaction managers would understand how
to use transactions, at least in theory :-)

> How about if anyone else apart from me thinks it's an issue then
> let's talk
> about it, otherwise let's put it asside for now. Anyone else have anything
> to say?

Fine.  Does Jim have a seconder ?

Peter