Subject: Re: [bt-spec] Context

Unless we do not have good reason to send/receive Context between roles other than Initiator and Service, I think I would support Jim in this issue.. Peter, can you summarize why you think Context should be used in Superior:Inferior communications... I have not looked at the issue in detail but I think if this became an issue it should be resolved in version 1.0 since it has an impact on transaction coordination.

I think that it may be useful to introduce an explicit GET_CONTEXT message that can be directed to a coordinator from an entity that does not have the context, i.e., was not an initiator and is not a web service. However, irrespective of this there is definite merit in considering the separation of CONTEXT in this manner.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little, Distinguished Engineer,
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Email: mark_little@hp.com
Phone: +44 191 2606216
Fax  : +44 191 2606250