Subject: [bt-spec] BTP Issue 105 : Qualifier to allow automatic completion ofall-cancelled cohesions

This issue has been added to the BTP issue list

BTP Issue 105 : Qualifier to allow automatic completion of all-cancelled cohesions

Submitter: Mark Little, HP
Category: minor technical
In a traditional transaction system (and presumably for atoms), if I issue a prepare and get back cancel/readonly from all participants, I don't have to send anything else to that transaction because I know it has finished. With cohesions, the situation is different. In some cases I'd like implementations to be able to free up resources held by the coordinator implementation immediately simply because there won't be any other registrations and the application shouldn't have to explicitly terminate such a cohesion which now has no members.
Suggested solution:
Have a standard qualifier such that, if following PREPARE_INFERIORS and/or CANCEL_INFERIORS all the current inferiors have either cancelled or resigned gone away, then the cohesion is finished, and replies with TRANSACTION_CANCELLED. Default is not (CANCEL_TRANSACTION would be required).

To comment on this issue, please follow-up to this announcement on the bt-spec@lists.oasis-open.org (replying to this message should automatically send your message to that list).

The current draft, with line numbers is available in pdf format and word format.

To add a new issue, please email to Peter Furniss peter.furniss@choreology.com. It helps if you propose a category (technical, minor technical, editorial, minor editorial).