Subject: [bt-spec] Re: [business-transaction] Votes

Peter,

For issue 39, I misread the issue description and didn't catch the "no
change" final proposal.  Even if superiors can't reject RESIGN for their own
purposes, RESIGN could arrive out of sequence (after PREPARED or mentioning
an unrecognized identifier or two).  Addition of words about "allowed to
leave the protocol" better covers this case.  So, you're right, I'm against
closing this issue and for the original proposal.

On issue 50, report-hazard is described at lines 1738-1744 (missing hyphen),
2121-2129 (missing hyphen, specifically mentions waiting for inferior
replies), 2157-2166 (as partially quoted below and which misses the success
case if report-hazard is true), 2184-2187 (reasonable), 2220-2225 (similar
to 2121-9 text), 2283-2287 (similar to 2184-7) and 2352-2357 (similar to
2184-7).  The text in each description is slightly different and should be
better aligned.  None of these descriptions mention how errors encountered
while applying a decision are handled in false case (logging, et cetera
could be mentioned) and some miss what occurs in the true case when
everything works.  I didn't see anything saying (in reference to your point
4) TRANSACTION_C*D would always be returned except with caveats about the
decision in the report-hazard false case.

Oh, that's right, lines 2224-5 say CANCEL_TRANSACTION/report-hazard=false
"immediately" results in a TRANSACTION_CANCELLED response.  Is that
incorrect?  I suspect it's right and lines 2157-66 are the ones most in need
of change.

Yes, please add my comments on issue 95 as a new (deferred) issue.

thanx,
    doug