Subject: [bt-spec] Re BTP Issue 103 (was issues 100, 101, 103 and 105)

which of the HP issues might be deferred.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Little [mailto:mark_little@hp.com]
Sent: 13 March 2002 12:12
To: Mark Little; Peter Furniss; WEBBER,JIM (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex1)
Cc: Alastair Green; Bill Pope
Subject: Re: issues 100, 101, 103 and 105

We may need to forward this to the issues list, but we want to vote on 103
prior to the 1.0 release. The basic problem is that CONTEXT stands out as
not being used uniformly within the specification. In our opinion it's an
application message extension and should only ever be seen within the
application, e.g., the client/server "interceptors". We're *definitely not*
advocating the removal of CONTEXT, but rather that it only ever be seen (as
a separate entity) by the application when sending and receiving
transactional messages that are related to it.

The possible solutions to this is that we remove BEGUN+CONTEXT and embed the
CONTEXT within the body of BEGUN, such that it is essentially the payload.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little, Distinguished Engineer,
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Email: mark_little@hp.com
Phone: +44 191 2606216
Fax  : +44 191 2606250