Subject: RE: [bt-spec] Re BTP Issue 100 (was issues 100, 101, 103 and 105)

Issue 100 was about separation of "delivery" and "payload" parameters.

After chasing this round here a bit, it seemed it was a bit doubtful whether
it was worth creating a separate xml block - there are never more than two
fields, often only one and they will quite often both be absent (because
implicit in the carrier protocol). But there is certainly a semantic
difference, and possibly some implementation convenience in keeping them
near each other, and at one end of the message.

So I've put in a proposed solution of "colouring" the delivery parameters in
the xml in the text by giving it a darker background, and similarly in the
abstract messages, and moving all of them to the end of the message. Bit of
explanatory text.

Note that identifiers (either senders or receivers) are payload parameters -
although they might, in some implementations, be used for delivery to the
target object, they are unchanged if the transmission method is different,
whereas (in a multi-carrier environment) the delivery parameters can change.
Also the set of BTP addresses in CONTEXT,ENROL, BEGUN and REDIRECT are
payload parameters, because they refer to future messages, not just this one
and its reply.

See issues list and 0.9.2.4 for the proposed solution.

Peter