Subject: RE: [bt-spec] Possible xml for btp node state

Mark,

Yes, it was a bit veiled, and since you weren't able to be with us at the
Redwood City f-t-f, there is more of the context missing.

The following includes elements of hearsay, so should be taken only as my
current understanding :-)

The remaining issue (89, from Oracle), can be addressed by including xml
specification that allows a btp actor to be transferred from one system to
another, in some way. Geoff Brown has been hoping to provide some draft text
for this but has been snowed by other stuff.  I am not fully aware of all
the details of the requirement, but it did seem that defining an xml
serialisation of the state of a btp node (i.e. cooordinator, composer,
sub-coordinator, sub-composer, participant) might be a useful component of
this. In editting the section in the normative text on persistent
information to take out the bits that were now in the model, I found I was
left with a text description of this information, and with Tony's help we've
made a draft of the xml definition.  The cryptic remarks about "not anything
other than a Choreology suggestion" were because I didn't want to claim that
it was the answer to issue 89, because I wasn't sure enough about the
details of that. But I did mention it at the conference call, and people
asked us to make available what we had.

Peter