Subject: Re: [bt-spec] Possible xml for btp node state

> Excellent question and I don't know the answer.  If we want to include
this
> there has to be some guidelines for use.  Would there be a conformance
item
> for this?

Not only that, but also what message(s) are to be added to support this? How
do I get the serializable form if I'm some external agent? What are the
export/import messages and criteria?

> The discussion at the Redwood Shores face-to-face was around being able to
> share BTP state information.  So a simple minded translation of that is
that
> this defines a state externalization format that can be used to share
state with
> external entities.  I don't think that it's unreasonable to have an
internal
> serialization format and another externalization format.

I don't have an issue with adding this, but I would prefer that it happens
post 1.0. This is potentially a big change (and it could be an important
one), so rather than rush it through I'd like to see much more discussion on
this and get it right first. At the moment I don't see enough calls for this
from other committee members or an indication that a vote on this will be an
educated vote.

Mark.