Subject: RE: [bt-spec] IMPT : Oracle Technical Submission for the BTP

Geoff:

Thanks for posting round the document, I am sure that if there were any
uncertainties as to where you were coming from that they have all been
dispelled.

I do have a couple of minor questions, if you'd oblige?

i) Why is this thought of as a J2EE shortcut, when it appears to be quite
neutral? (Are we sharing XML with something from J2EE?)

ii) Can this kind of behaviour not simply be hidden away behind a particular
party's border? Since state transfers must happen between trusted parties,
from the point of view of an external caller nothing seems to have changed.
And since (I think it was the Choreology guys) quite early on we branded BTP
as an "interoperation" protocol where we're mostly interested in what goes
on the wires between parties, then does this still fit with the spirit of
the spec(if you agree with the preceeding statement)?

Jim