Subject: RE: [bt-spec] WS-transaction..

Hey before we all get fired up ( just like the ebXML folks did with us originally ) lets take a step back and look at this rationally....

This is just my perspective, and yes I did know this was coming somewhat, but there is little difference between this spec and BTP  -
WS-Coordination is separated from the transactions types (WS-Transaction ) such that WS-Coordination can coordinate different transactions models, BTP simply declares the transaction model being used ( atom or cohesion ) within the context. With some changes ( minor ) on either side BTP can fit in easily to WS-Coordination and therefore BPEL. Of course there are other differences but on the whole anyone involved in BTP should recognise a lot in the specs.

We (as BTP TC) should be looking to this as an opportunity for "convergence" where we can have IBM, Microsoft, BEA, Oracle and some of us smaller minows all back one standard. There is no definition of where this work will end up as a standard (as yet)  but again we should encourage in whatever way we can, those involved to take this to OASIS where we can help get WS- Coordination and WS-Transaction "fully baked" and leverage the work completed in the BTP TC.

I suspect the TC needs to get together on a call so at least we have a common statement and position on this we can discuss with customers and our companies.

Regards Mark.